Civil Designer – Entry Level Engineer
Department: Civil Engineering
Summary: APD has an immediate need for a passionate professional with a desire to learn and grow within a progressive firm. They will be given the opportunity to experience projects from beginning to end, as well as to collaborate with team members of varying disciplines and experience levels. The position offers involvement and supervision in all project phases and professional advancement in a team-oriented, dynamic culture. In this position, the candidate will work directly with Project Managers, other Site/Civil engineers, technicians and surveyors to assist in the development of construction documents for a variety of projects in multi-site/retail markets.
- Concept plans and feasibility studies including zoning code reviews.
- Site layout, grading, storm drainage, utilities, erosion control design, as well as landscaping and lighting layouts. Preparation of construction plan sets.
- Stormwater management design including water quality and water quantity mitigation.
- Review and interpret surveys and engineering reports (geotechnical, environmental, wetlands, traffic, etc.) for use in site design.
- Municipal, agency, and utility permitting and approvals including associated coordination.
- Occasional site inspections.
- Ability to work in multiple municipalities in multiple states.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited college or university
- Experience with technical software including AutoCAD
- Excellent proactive problem-solving skills
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Possess the ability to multitask
- Exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail and completeness
- Excellent client coordination and communication skills
- Prior internship or summer experience in similar field
APD is where you want to be!
APD offers a strong benefits package including health insurance, professional development, paid time off, 401(k) and much more. APD provides multidisciplinary design and engineering solutions to the private and public sectors. We apply our distinct approach to projects in retail, restaurant, public infrastructure and facilities, recreation, education, and residential. If you desire to be challenged and rewarded for your efforts, we invite you to consider APD Engineering and Architecture.
To apply submit your resume and cover letter.