Licensed RA – Architectural Project Lead
Summary: APD is looking for a passionate professional with experience owning projects from beginning to end as well as collaborating with team members of varying disciplines and experience levels. As Project Lead the successful candidate will work on nationally based commercial/retail projects. Candidate must be highly motivated, possess the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and be detailed oriented. Individual must also have strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
The position offers involvement and supervision in all project phases and professional advancement in a team-oriented, dynamic culture. Experience in commercial retail is preferred. A high level of proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD/AutoCAD Architecture is a must.
This position requires a candidate with excellent, proactive problem-solving skills. A true go-getter, this individual must have strong communication skills, with a proven track-record of communication with clients, subs and co-workers. Candidates should have a can-do attitude and the ability to multitask. Projects are mainly fast-paced and require exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills. The most successful candidates will also be sticklers for detail and completeness.
A fun office environment, this is an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement.
- Design in AutoCAD for multi-site retail projects
- Coordinating with clients to develop concept design
- Preparation and coordination with project sub-consultants to develop construction documents
- Coordinate submittal of construction documents for governmental review, distribution of bid documents, addenda and construction change directive processing, while adhering to project schedules and budgets
- Requires up to 10% travel
- Bachelor’s or pre-professional degree in Architecture from an accredited shool
- 5+ years’ experience providing architectural design and document production
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2013 (or newer) and Revit
- Excellent proactive problem-solving skills
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Possess the ability to multitask
- Exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail and completeness
- Experience with site verification, design/planning, documentation, and construction administration
- Experience managing staff and the production of construction documents to meet industry standards
- Experience coordinating Architectural, MEP, Structural and Civil disciplines
- Excellent client coordination and communication skills
- Licensed Architect preferred; LEED AP+ preferred
- 10+ years’ experience providing architectural design and document production
- Retail project experience preferred
- Experience processing entitlements and permit approvals in jurisdictions throughout the US
- Ability to establish and maintain project budgets and timelines
APD is where you want to be!
APD offers a strong benefits package including health insurance, professional development, paid time off, 401(k) and much more. APD provides multidisciplinary design and engineering solutions to the private and public sectors. We work across sectors, applying our distinctive approach to projects in retail, restaurant, public infrastructure and facilities, recreation, education, and residential. If you desire to be challenged and rewarded for your efforts, we invite you to consider APD a growing company that is nationally recognized.
To apply submit your resume and cover letter.