APD is seeking a structural designer to work under a senior engineer in a new and growing structural department. The preferred applicant will have the aptitude and passion to become a licensed PE and excel in the structural field of building design.
- Prepare structural construction drawings and supporting calculations for new and renovated buildings throughout the U.S.
- Coordinate with all design disciplines
- Contribute the to the continued improvement company standards, design tools, attitude and success
- Some travel may be required
- 0 – 5 years’ experience
- Bachelors’ in Civil Engineering
- Excellent understanding of engineering mechanics
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Excellent proactive problem-solving skills
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication and coordination skills
- Exceptional organizational and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail and completeness
- Passed the FE Exam, plan to become a licensed PE
- Masters’ in Civil Engineering with structural emphasis
APD is where you want to be!
APD offers a strong benefits package including health insurance, professional development, paid time off, 401(k) and much more. APD provides multidisciplinary design and engineering solutions to the private and public sectors. We apply our distinct approach to projects in retail, restaurant, public infrastructure and facilities, recreation, education, and residential. If you desire to be challenged and rewarded for your efforts, we invite you to consider APD Engineering and Architecture.
To apply submit your resume and cover letter.